Data Export for Lotus Notes
Free your Notes Data! – oTool
oTool is a Lotus® Notes® based tool for exporting data from ANY unencrypted Notes database. A single parameters form defines the 4 items required for successful oTool operation: Server, db Path, View Name, and target Folder. The export code is written in native Lotuscript and the process is very fast. For a Benchmarks summary, please visit the Benchmarks page.
oTool supports the export of both text and RTF data (Notes Attachments) to the file system. Non-RTF data are exported to CSV files using any specified delimiter, and RTF data to identified file folders. Data export selection is by way of custom Notes Views. You have complete control of data filtering and structure. oTool requires the ability to create Views with the appropriate structure and selection criteria.
oTool has been successfully used in out-migrations by and for clients ranging from multi-nationals to single-proprietor companies. In addition, exported data set size has ranged from single-file databases to multi-file applications with hundreds of GB worth of attachments exported quickly and successfully. Make your out-migration easier with oTool!
oTool is written and supported by Joe Federer.
Contact jfederer (you know what goes here) ksi.ca for more information.
oTool and Galaxy-MRP are products of KSI.
Help with your Notes Migrations
We have deep resources and expertise in migrating Lotus data and applications. Whether your needs are simply to get data out of Notes, or a complete migration strategy and campaign, we can help.
Notes/Domino Data Export
Using oTool, our proprietary data export tool, KSI can make your data ready for any target system. Our tool and expertise allow us to export both text and RTF data (Notes Attachments) to the file system, from where import to any target system is straightforward. Non-RTF data are exported to CSV files using any specified delimiter, and RTF data to identified file folders. Data export selection is by way of custom Notes Views, so you have complete control of data filtering and structure.
KSI has expertise and experience in migrating from Notes Mail to Google Mail Enterprise. Using Google’s migration tools, complete email history and archives can be migrated to Google Mail with full fidelity. For users who prefer a dedicated email client with local data, we recommend the free multi-platform VMWare Zimbra mail client. If you prefer MS Outlook, we can assist you with that option as well.
Lotus Notes to SharePoint (LN2SP) Migration
We have resources and expertise in migrating Lotus websites and applications. In particular, we have experienced personnel whose specialty is migrating applications from Notes/Domino to MS SharePoint. Experience includes:
- Result driven expert technical leadership in strategic planning, analyzing, designing, executing, testing and implementing migration solutions from Lotus technology (Lotus Notes, QuickPlace/Quickr) to SharePoint technology with high data fidelity. Extremely good understanding of Lotus Notes data and design and how best to migrate to SharePoint.
- 3 years of expertise in the use of Quest migration tools to migrate to SharePoint.
- 18 years of expertise of Lotus Notes design and data. Led several major Global organizations to provide end to end solutions starting with getting business requirement to design, development, testing and implementation of complex Lotus Notes applications.
- 3 years experience with SharePoint applications, SharePoint Designer, InfoPath Designer, Visual Studio, C#. Created SharePoint web applications (site collection, sites, lists, libraries, workflows).
- 12 years of experience in designing and developing Lotus Notes web applications using Lotus Script, LSX, ODBC, Java Script, HTML, DHTML, CSS, SQL, Java agents, JAVA, JDBC and XML.
We would be pleased to discuss your migration needs and work with you on using oTool as part of your migration process. Please contact us at jfederer (you know what goes here) ksi.ca.